Hydrogen Sulfide Scavengers Market: Key Highlights
- The global hydrogen sulfide scavengers market was valued at ~US$ 440 Mn in 2018, and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of ~5% from 2019 to 2027. Increase in crude oil production enhances oilfield operations such as drilling, cementing, production, workover and completion, and well stimulation. This drives the demand for production chemicals such as hydrogen sulfide scavengers.
- The demand for crude oil is increasing year-on-year, and is estimated to reach 100 million barrels per day (including biofuels) by the end of 2019. Crude oil prices are increasing. OPEC members have reduced their production output in order to stabilize prices. Thus, price stability is expected to enhance oilfield operations, and thereby, drive the hydrogen sulfide scavengers market during the forecast period.
Request A Sample of Hydrogen Sulfide Scavengers Market – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=S&rep_id=50223
Key Drivers of the Hydrogen Sulfide Scavengers Market
- Hydrogen sulfide (H2S) is a naturally-occurring gas contained in crude oils. It is also formed in the refining process due to the degradation of sulfur-containing compounds in crude oil at high temperatures. Increasing global demand for crude oil and rising concentration of hydrogen sulfide in oil & gas products formed in the processing of hydrocarbons are raising concerns related to safety, environment protection, and operations.
- A general approach for removing hydrogen sulfide or reducing the amount of hydrogen sulfide is to subject hydrogen sulfide to a treatment containing an agent that chemically reacts with hydrogen sulfide. This agent is called a hydrogen sulfide scavenger.
Hydrogen Sulfide Scavengers Market: Newly-discovered and Potential Oil & Gas Reserves to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- New discoveries of crude oil and natural gas reserves create opportunities for companies that are operating in the hydrogen sulfide scavengers market. The number of new oil & gas discoveries has increased in countries of Africa over the last few years. Large untapped reserves in Africa are garnering the interest of some of the largest exploration and production companies in the world. This has resulted in new oil & gas discoveries in the sub-region. Thus, newly-discovered and potential oil & gas reserves are estimated to offer lucrative opportunities to the global hydrogen sulfide scavengers market.
More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research – https://www.prnewswire.co.uk/news-releases/single-walled-carbon-nanotube-market-to-touch-valuation-of-us-5-bn-by-2027-commercializing-depends-on-cost-effective-fabrication-methods-transparency-market-research-879370332.html
Environment- and Health-related Concerns Regarding Use of Non-regenerative Hydrogen Sulfide Scavengers
- Reacted triazine byproducts are readily biodegradable and relatively non-toxic. Unreacted, excess triazine has very high aquatic toxicity, and a tendency to form carbonate scales with produced water or seawater. This can result in emulsion stabilization and increase in overboard oil-in-water (OIW) content. Unreacted triazine is also an issue for refineries, as it impacts the desalting process, and it can cause accelerated corrosion in crude oil distillation units, foaming in glycol and amine units, and discoloration of glycol units.
Asia Pacific Prominent Hydrogen Sulfide Scavengers Market
- Asia Pacific is expected to be a highly attractive region of the global hydrogen sulfide scavengers market during the forecast period. According to OPEC, almost 50% of refinery additions are expected to occur in Asia Pacific, led by China and India, in the near future. Rapid economic growth in developing countries, particularly in Asia Pacific, has driven oil demand in the region.
- Increasing GDP is augmenting the demand for oil, which has driven the oil refinery business in the region in the last few years. Increase in the number of oil refineries in the region is resulting in the emission of hydrogen sulfide. This is propelling the production of hydrogen sulfide scavengers in the region.
Ask for Discount on Premium Research Report With Complete TOC at – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=D&rep_id=50223
Regenerative Process Held a Major Share of Global Hydrogen Sulfide Scavengers Market
- Regenerative is likely to be a highly attractive segment, in terms of share and growth rate, during the forecast period, as regenerative hydrogen sulfide scavengers are widely used in industries for the removal of hydrogen sulfide. For example, monoethanolamine (MEA), diethanolamine (DEA), and methyl diethanolamine (MDEA) are the commonly used forms of regenerative hydrogen sulfide scavengers in gas sweetening.
Hydrogen Sulfide Scavengers Market: Top Five Players Accounted for Major Share in 2018
- Schlumberger Limited, Halliburton, Baker Hughes, Nalco Champion, Hexion, Arkema S.A. Lonza, and SUEZ are some of the top players operating in the global hydrogen sulfide scavengers market. The worldwide reach of these companies and their focus on a wide range of end-user industries are responsible for the significant market share held by these companies. They are investing in the development of new products that are eco-friendly and recyclable.
- On July 3, 2018, Baker Hughes merged with GE’s oil & gas business segment, forming the world’s first full-stream oil & gas company. The new company is the first to bring together market-leading equipment, services, and digital solutions across the entire spectrum of oil & gas development.
- In April 2018, Schlumberger Limited signed a joint venture agreement with YPF S.A. to open a shale oil pilot in Bandurria Sur, Loma Campana, Argentina, with an investment of US$ 390 Mn. The joint venture aims to re-affirm YPF’s leading position in the field of developing unconventional resources, and its commitment toward achieving energy self-sufficiency.
Request for covid19 Impact Analysis – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=50223
Global Hydrogen Sulfide Scavengers Market: Research Scope
Hydrogen Sulfide Scavengers Market by Process
- Monoethanolamine (MEA)
- Diethanolamine (DEA)
- N-methyldiethanolamine (MDEA)
- Diglycolamine (DGA)
- Solid Scavengers
- Oxidizing Chemicals
- Metal Carboxylates & Chelates
Hydrogen Sulfide Scavengers Market by Type
Hydrogen Sulfide Scavengers Market by Application